Author Topic: Springboard 380 biodiesel processor.  (Read 856 times)

Offline dgs

• Wiki Editor
  • Grand Gunge Master
Springboard 380 biodiesel processor.
« on: August 30, 2022, 01:40:21 PM »
Someone on the Facebook group has posted that they are having trouble with their Springboard 380 processor so I looked at the utube video of this.

I am totally confused by this, apparently it is intended for the acid/base process but has a standard amount of Sulphuric acid addition without any titration. Also there is no conversion test before its water washed.

It's all automated and seems to me that the whole idea is asking for trouble. Has anyone come across this before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb6-bXM4HlU
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 10:10:41 PM by dgs »
FOC water tests by Sandy brae or Karl Fischer for forum members.

Offline countrypaul

• Wiki Editor
  • Impeller jammer
Re: Spribgboard 380 biodiesel processor.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2022, 05:06:13 PM »
Just watched the video and checked the website - I fully agree with your view Dave.

If the oil is fairly good it should work, but if there is a high amount of FFA I would be very suspicious of the first stage completion.  It does say the oil should be filtered and dewatered - but gives no details on how well (at least non that I saw). It also does not say what strength Sulphuric acid to use which could also lead to problems. The instruction manual (I assume one is supplied) might clarify these points, but as usual all problems are carefully ignored for sales purposes.