Author Topic: Hello all More Questions !  (Read 3204 times)

Offline PD1

• Oil stirrer
Re: Hello all More Questions !
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2021, 10:41:58 PM »
Ok thanks , I didn’t realise it should be at least 20% ,
Any way all good now , have managed to get my first stage done today too , I did run it initially for longer but then went for the 5 minutes per hour and glycerine was dropping each time before I mixed it up again , the pump seemed to struggle a bit , but still pumped the glyc but it did seem happier when the bio came through !
Will drain glyc in the morning and see where I’m at with a 10/90 , I have been doing a glyc wash at the end of the final stage , can’t remember off the top of my head how much glyc I put in but think it was 7% water , I’m assuming that this glyc will be no good for drying the oil of the next batch as it’s full of water !
I want to try bubble washing this time as opposed to mist washing ,  As I think it’s something that I can just leave running without the need to keep an eye on it , roughly how long would I need to bubble wash a 125litre batch and do I need to change the water at all
Thanks again guys , I really appreciate you replying
Paul
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 10:43:45 PM by PD1 »

Offline nigelb

• Wiki Editor
  • Grand Gunge Master
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2021, 11:26:55 PM »
It normally takes me a couple of days and 4-5 water changes to bubble wash my 150lt batches. I use 10lts at a time. I change the water last thing at night and first thing in the morning. Be careful of the type of stone you use. It should be ceramic not one of the blue aquarium types. The glue that holds them together isnt bio compatable.

I'm a bit if a dinosaur and totaly trust my methods but some bubblers have moved to pump washing. Could be worth looking up.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 11:28:53 PM by nigelb »

Offline PD1

• Oil stirrer
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2021, 07:58:48 AM »
Thanks Nigel , I’ve got a wooden air stone as I’ve read about the aquarium ones , I think I’ll give it a go , just to try different methods , all done at ambient temperature I assume?

Offline nigelb

• Wiki Editor
  • Grand Gunge Master
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2021, 11:36:52 AM »
Yep..ambient washing. I some times do a hot wash at the end. Heat the bio to drying temps and add another 10lts. Not much heat lost but it can drag that last bit of soap out. I pump wash the hot wash though.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 01:55:23 PM by nigelb »