Author Topic: Bio in a VW T5  (Read 3562 times)

Offline Islebio

• Barrel scraper
Bio in a VW T5
« on: September 20, 2016, 12:39:33 PM »
Hi, I am keen to upgrade my VW T4 to a T5. I have been running the T4 on bio the last couple of years with no probs. I have heard that T5's don't approve the use of bio, is this to do with the Diesel Particulate Filter ( DPF).  Does anyone have any experience of this that could help me?.

Many thanks

Offline kamaangir

• Wiki Editor
  • Oil obsessive
Re: Bio in a VW T5
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 04:57:46 PM »
what year are you looking at? only newer ones have DPF, try for an early 1.9 PD engine one. I was looking at one but they are so expensive and from the stuff I have heard not on par with the reliability of the t4's.
Rusty merc test pilot.

Offline 1958steveflying

• Wiki Editor
  • Oil obsessive
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 10:50:33 AM »
Hi, I am keen to upgrade my VW T4 to a T5. I have been running the T4 on bio the last couple of years with no probs. I have heard that T5's don't approve the use of bio, is this to do with the Diesel Particulate Filter ( DPF).  Does anyone have any experience of this that could help me?.

Many thanks

lots of T5 engine options, more info required if you are after an accurate answer bud.

Offline Islebio

• Barrel scraper
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 04:42:57 PM »
Hi,

Am now looking at a VW T5 56 plate (2006) 2.5tdi 130bhp. I know it has a DPF but i've heard there are two different systems, one that injects fuel straight into the exhaust and one that introduces it further up the system?. Does anyone know if this vehicle would cope ok with Bio?

Many thanks

Rod