Author Topic: Error displaying thumnails when uploading images  (Read 2539 times)

Offline julesandtash

• Wiki Editor
  • Oil obsessive
    • Veg oil collection in South East Cornwall
Error displaying thumnails when uploading images
« on: December 27, 2014, 04:00:55 PM »
Hi admins,
I have been trying to upload some images to the wiki to add to the 3D printing page.
I have uploaded various formats (JPG, PNG, GIF etc) and they all display when linked in full size (they are 800 X 600)
However, on the 'Gallery on new files' page, every one (and some from other users) all show as 'Error Creating Thumnail' instead of a thumnail image

Then, when trying to display them on a page, if I use the fullsize image it will display correctly but if I add 250px or similar to scale it, the image doesn't appear, just a box saying "Error Creating Thumnail"

Can anybody with access to the code have a look at this please?
7+ years of making bio.
1997 RangeRover P38A 2.5DSE and 2001 Audi Allroad 2.5 V6 Tdi all on B100
Home heating and hot water system on Palm based B100 and Aarrow 7KW wood burner on glycerol logs

Offline Julian

• Administrator
  • Oil baron
    • Used Cooking Oil Collection website
Re: Error displaying thumnails when uploading images
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 04:04:33 PM »
Same for me!
Used Cooking Oil Collection website ... http://www.surreyusedcookingoilcollection.palmergroup.co.uk

Offline Rotary-Motion

• Wiki Editor
  • Oil baron
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 08:09:45 PM »
cant find 3d printing page on wiki?

Offline Rotary-Motion

• Wiki Editor
  • Oil baron
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 08:28:24 PM »
ok found it but cant see prob been trying few things, doesn't seem to link page image to the file itself with its ext for some reason?

Offline Julian

• Administrator
  • Oil baron
    • Used Cooking Oil Collection website
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 08:45:46 PM »
ok found it but cant see prob been trying few things, doesn't seem to link page image to the file itself with its ext for some reason?

As it's only just started, I haven't given it any categories yet so it won't be indexed.

Are the thumbnails showing up for you, Paul or do you see a grey blank with an error message?
Used Cooking Oil Collection website ... http://www.surreyusedcookingoilcollection.palmergroup.co.uk

Offline oakwoodtv

• Wiki Editor
  • Valve head
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 09:06:14 PM »
I looked and just get the gray box with the error message.

Offline Rotary-Motion

• Wiki Editor
  • Oil baron
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 09:07:57 PM »

As it's only just started, I haven't given it any categories yet so it won't be indexed.

Are the thumbnails showing up for you, Paul or do you see a grey blank with an error message?

still grey, if you right click on any other page picture that works and hit properties you see the whole link to file .jpg etc, but these greyed out jobbies do not.

I did see the file name had spaces so grabbed pic and renamed it and sent it up but that didn't work, even tried changing the scale px to a known size 200 but no joy. even looked at bottom of page at coding missing but from the looks of it pages don't need it like html...

so not sure chaps...