Author Topic: BMW m51 325tds no fuel at injectors  (Read 3382 times)

Offline craigrobbo

• Barrel scraper
BMW m51 325tds no fuel at injectors
« on: November 23, 2015, 09:50:30 PM »

Hey Guys

So i have done an engine swap  with an M51 (from the P38/BMW e36/ Omega)from a 318TDS to a 325TDS (confirmed the engine ran before swapping) I did a partial strip down of the engine to clean it up (didn't strip the fuel pump though).

I have now put the lump into the car but I am having major issues with getting fuel at the injectors.

I have cracked of all the injector pipes to the injectors and getting no fuel.

The injection pump is full of fuel and appears to have no air in the tank to pump circuit, I have the return line with fuel in and a good supply (without air) to the pump.

I fear that this maybe relating to the immobilizer/EWS (I have taken EWS module from the donor car and the chip too)

The only other thing is that I may have something plugged in wrong somewhere, but this seems unlikely due to most of the plugs being specific to each location (non interchangeable plugs.)

I have done many engine conversions successfully but this is really baffling me!

Would anyone at all be able to help please.

Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 12:58:53 PM by therecklessengineer »

Offline julesandtash

• Wiki Editor
  • Oil obsessive
    • Veg oil collection in South East Cornwall
Re: BMW m51 325tds no fuel at injectors
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 06:54:12 AM »
Why have you posted the same thing three times in the same post?
7+ years of making bio.
1997 RangeRover P38A 2.5DSE and 2001 Audi Allroad 2.5 V6 Tdi all on B100
Home heating and hot water system on Palm based B100 and Aarrow 7KW wood burner on glycerol logs

Offline Keef

• Administrator
  • Oil obsessive
    • Adur Cooking Oils
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 09:53:33 AM »
Sounds to me like an ECU/pump mismatch but to be honest, you'd be better of on a P38/BMW/Omega forum for answers to that one.

Offline craigrobbo

• Barrel scraper
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 11:48:41 AM »
Sorry, I do not know why it posted three times - Maybe a fault with comuter sorry.

The pump and ECU are correct, the engine was running in another car this time last week and all parts where transferred over.

Offline therecklessengineer

• Administrator
  • Oil obsessive
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 01:00:16 PM »
Sorry, I do not know why it posted three times - Maybe a fault with comuter sorry.

Fixed!

No clue about the engine. I recommend getting the necessary cables and software and talking to it. It'll tell you what's wrong.