Author Topic: Future pages, so no one's treading on toes!  (Read 20008 times)

Offline 1958steveflying

• Wiki Editor
  • Oil obsessive
Re: Future pages, so no one's treading on toes!
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2013, 11:07:39 PM »
But as it was you, hurry up and finish it you lazy sod.

Mark I totally agree but you'll have to forgive him.  If you liken his wiki skills to the world of cycling, he's still riding round with stabilisers.

The reason you couldn't find it was that our budding Lance Armstrong put it in the wrong category!  It should be in the Finishing section with the other water washing stuff.  Added to which, in the title, titration shouldn't have a capital.  Heaven knows what other mistakes you'll find if you read the page.

Well I did notice it repeated it's self quite a bit, and I also noticed that this bit
"The dreaded emulsion or 'Chicken Soup' is created when water and biodiesel mix in the presence of soap - this is, after all, why soap is used to wash oils and greases away with water. Clearly if we intend to mix water with hundreds of litres of biodiesel and mix vigorously with a pump then the soaps need to be removed, or turned into something else first. "
Should read something in the region of
To stop emulsions forming we neutralise the excess catalyst to stop it reacting with the water and producing unnecessary soap.
But hay, it's not my page, so what do I care.

I thought we also got emulsions if the reaction was incomplete and still had oil present.

Offline Head Womble

• Wiki Editor
  • Oil baron
  • I like shiny things
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2013, 11:12:57 PM »
Oh no, you should care.

It's OUR wiki, and I feel OUR responsibility to publish what WE collectively think is best practise.

Constructive criticism is probably the best way to achieve that ... even if the author has to have an adult running along behind holding the saddle.

I do care, I wouldn't of bothered picking up on it otherwise.

I was just using sycology to shame Keith into putting it right and finishing it.

But I suppose sycology and shame are washed on small children.
Skoda Yeti L&K 2L TDI 150 CR DPF Adblue
VW Touran 1.6tdi DSG.
Both running pimp diesel.

Offline nathanrobo

• Wiki Editor
  • Valve head
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2013, 11:13:16 PM »
I'm working on centrifuges - haven't got a clue what I'm doing though.  Pausing for a moment, whilst i get to grips with water separators.  Good to have everything relevant included. 

Offline K.H

• Administrator
  • Oil baron
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2013, 08:24:08 AM »
Ha Ha, keep digging Hinge and Bracket, you obviously missed the bit where I said most of the write up was Jules!
I suggest you both wash your mouths out with your bio/soap before Jules spots this
Feel free to categorise it and correct anything as you are both obviously fully Lycra clad cyclists